Our Automated Software Transformation (AST) service transforms applications and the associated data — written in any source language on any platform, no matter how old, to any other language/platform, nearly 100% automated, leaving your staff free to perform their normal workload.
We know how to wrestle with the ugly complexities and vagaries of transformation because we understand intimately the fundamental structure of diverse technologies. The transformation requires no existing documentation or staff knowledgeable in the application.
Our migration services have been designed, implemented and provided offshore by our Business Alliance Partner, ADA Software Re Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd. They have ben perfected through more than 12 years of complex migration projects for diverse clients worldwide.
The proprietary tools and processes employed are governed by the Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) standards of the Object Management Group (OMG). The library of languages/versions is extensive and includes Visual Basic, COBOL, FORTRAN, Gupta/Centurion, PowerBuilder, Lotus Domino, C#, PL/1, C+, C++, Java, Cold Fusion, MUMPS, Sybase Stored Procedures and many others. We also develop language parsers, meta-models and processes for languages/versions that are not in our library.
- Nearly 100% automated transformation of any language/platform to any other.
- Employs proprietary tools and processes proven for 12+ years across diverse, complex systems.
- Analyzes the very structure of the code.
- Extends the life of legacy applications, obviating the need to purchase expensive new replacement software.
- Updates the structure of your aging portfolio so that you will be able to interface with new technologies.
- Catalyzes new functionality that your clients want and that will draw customers away from the competition.
- Facilitates application transformation as often as required without the need for time-consuming, costly rewrites.
- Produces automated documentation of the transformed code.
Transformation may include all of the following:
Design Recovery: Parsing the source code using the appropriate language meta-model; uncovering the business process flows; and extracting/placing the design artifacts (data structures, input/output layouts, data transformation procedures, and workflows) into an XML repository that is a Platform Independent Model (PIM).
Re-Engineering (optional): Using any UML based Business Process Management (BPM) tool to view, review, and modify the business process flows. The redesigned PIM becomes input to the Generation Phase.
Generation: Converting the design artifacts of the PIM using the appropriate language meta-model, and generating a set of applications that can operate on the target platform.
Data Transformation (optional): Transforming the data and controls associated with the source application to be compatible with the new platform. Flat data files can be readily converted to relational databases.
Unit Testing: Testing the generated code based upon test cases that you prepare or we prepare for you. When we are finished, your application code will be ready for System Testing and User Acceptance Testing on the new platform.
Schematic of the Transformation Process: